24 Jul 2015

Author Interview with Clara Grace Walker

Name: Clara Grace Walker
Book Title: Gratification, Gossip and Redemption
Category/Genre: Mainstream Romantic Suspense

Can tabloid publisher Nicholas Beck find love and catch his wife’s killer?
Tabloid publisher Nicholas Beck is usually the one reporting lurid headlines and bad behavior. His wife’s murder, however, turns the tables on him, and Nick finds himself the target of a police investigation, while his name is the one making headlines.
Broken-hearted, under suspicion and determined to clear his name, Nick seeks solace in the arms of beautiful photographer Jamie Jennings. Either she will be the answer to everything wrong in his life, or the biggest mistake he’s made yet.
Amazon

“Great characters and fantastic story. Well worth a read!” Kim O’Shea.

“Gossip was full-on entertainment and a fantastic read. A whole host of interesting character really made this book stand out from a lot of other whodunits I have read and I really recommend this book.” Sophie Hedley
When did you first start writing? And when were you first published?
I began writing at the age of 9, composing short stories. By the time I was a teen-ager, I had drafted my first book-length work of fiction and published my first novel in 2013.

What is it about ‘chick lit’/’romance’ that appeals to you the most? Do you read other genres? 
I love happily ever after, and the idea that love can conquer any obstacle and transcend any boundary. I also love reading thrillers/suspense/mystery and fantasy/sci-fi.

Can you tell us a little about your latest release? 
Technically, that would be Redemption, the final installment of the Desire Never Dies trilogy, published last summer. My latest work, Exploits, is in the re-write/edit stage, and I hope to have it published in the next few months. Exploits kicks off the Sex & Secrets series and exists in the same world as the Desire Never Dies series, with a couple of the characters jumping from one series to the next. I have some great adventures in store for the characters of this latest series, and of course, the usual sex, love and murder.

What inspired you to write it? 
As always, I’m inspired by the hope for love, dealing with fear and danger to get there, and the soap opera style of storytelling. I find life itself is filled with endless inspiration.

If it was made into a film, who would you cast as the main characters? 
Hmm…good question. For Exploits, I would probably cast Blake Lively as heroine Sunny Drysdale and Chris Hemsworth as hero Jeremy Jennings.

What is your favorite book that made it to the big screen? 
Lord of the Rings. I own all of the movies and you would probably laugh out loud to know how many times I’ve watched them. It’s a little bit obsessive.

What was the last book you read and would you recommend it? 
Author Jack Hayes just released his latest work When Eagles Burn, in which he named a character for me (sort of…I seem to have undergone a sex change and came out as Charles Walker…lol). Naturally, this was the last book I read. Jack Hayes is a very talented author, and I would recommend anything he writes.

Where do you currently write? And where would be your dream writing location?
 
In warm weather I can be found at the pool or on a beach, writing in a lounge chair. This is, in fact, my dream writing location, so I’m lucky to have the opportunity.

Tell us a random fact about yourself? 
I can wiggle my ears.

Tell us an interesting fact about where you live? 
From the local city park in Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan, you can see across Lake Saint Clair to Canada.

What inspired you as an author? 
Human nature

Do you have a muse? 
No, just a vivid imagination.

Who would play you in the movie about your life? 
Someone who understands complicated.

What are your (writing) plans for the future? 
Finish my current series.

Tell us one thing that’s on your bucket list. 
Traveling and meeting some of my author friends who live in other parts of the world.

What do you listen to whilst writing? 
My playlist is best described as eclectic. On it you can find everything from the Monkees to Antiserum & Mayhem, and I’m always adding new things to it. Basically, I have a song for every mood and occasion, and what I listen to depends heavily on which character I’m writing and what mood they’re in.

Name one of your all time favorite songs. 
What If by Five For Fighting 


Thank you, Suzy!! I’ve enjoyed the interview. ☺
My pleasure Clara!

Bestselling romantic suspense author, Clara Grace Walker, writes about fictional worlds populated with characters living out soap opera style lives. Expect sex, murder, and more than a little back-stabbing inside the pages of her books.
Her debut series, Desire Never Dies, is comprised of three books, Gratification, Gossip and Redemption, all of which have made their mark on Amazon’s bestseller list. People and circumstances are rarely what they seem in these stories, and getting to the truth can be a dangerous thrill-ride. So hop on board and hang on by your fingertips as you read your way to Happily Ever After.
Currently, Clara is immersed in the romance, danger and intrigue of her upcoming four-book series, Sex and Secrets. Expect the first book of the series, Exploits, in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Thanks so much for stopping by the Fiction Dreams site. If you have the time, I'd love to hear from you so please do leave a comment :D xx